- I've read the contribution guidelines and wholeheartedly agree
I want to suggest an idea and checked that ...
- ... to my best knowledge, my idea wouldn't break something for other users
- ... the documentation does not mention anything about my idea
- ... there are no open or closed issues that are related to my idea
It would be useful if it were possible to configure alt text for the logo through the configuration file. I'm currently doing it manually by modifying the generated HTML files but have only been playing with the theme for a few days so may have missed something - apologies if so.
As a side note, anecdotally,
aria-label is typically spoken in preference to the value of
alt, so to make this work the
aria-label for the anchor either needs to be set to the desired alt text or removed completely which is the approach I'd recommend FWIW.
- Being able to specify alt text in the configuration file instead of having to add it manually would save time
- Making it more of a feature of the theme may encourage greater adoption
- Alt text is an important accessibility requirement for non-decorational images
Screenshots / Mockups